What is Tilt-Shift Photography?

What is Tilt-Shift Photography?

Tilt-Shift photography refers to the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Third Artist Announced: Tony Fugere

When we started this project, we had two objectives:
1. Gather our favorite tilt-shift photographers, and collect them together for the first time.

2. Discover new tilt-shifting talent. 

Tony is our best example of new talent discovered.   I have been in those Colorado passes, and the feeling is ant-like, but extremely pleasant.  This photo captures the feeling better then any words I can conjure. 

Keep taking great pictures Tony, we will keep booking you for shows!
Artist Statement:
I have always had the desire to photograph. Capturing moments in time to share with others gives me great satisfaction. Over time I have found myself wanting to take unique photos. Although I have a better technical mind than creative, I explore with angles, lines and light in search of the photo that no one has seen. In the past six months, I have discovered tilt-shift faking using digital photo manipulation software. Being the geek that I am, I had to play with the technique. I climb to new heights (literally) in order to capture a new miniature fake. My ultimate goal is to show others what I see in my travels. This technique allows me to transform a perspective of reality into a world of toys and models.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Our Email List

Fill out your e-mail address
to receive our newsletter!
E-mail address: