What is Tilt-Shift Photography?

What is Tilt-Shift Photography?

Tilt-Shift photography refers to the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Second Artist Announced: Maureen Delaney

Maureen is a true master photographer, armed with the full arsenal of photographic implements.  Equipped with all the knowledge that comes with an MFA, a large format camera and a tilt-shift lens her pictures capture nature and the human figure in a way I have never seen. 

Maureen ventures away from the brightly colored cityscapes that are so often associated with tilt-shift photography, and instead captures nature & the human figure with a power that can only be showcased with black and white film. 

I was first introduced to Maureen Delaney at the Springbox Gallery right here in Northwest Portland, and I have been smitten ever since.  With great enthusiasm we welcome Maureen Delaney to the Tilt-Shift America Project! 

Maureen's Artist Statement:

Through the meditative process of photographing my figure in landscape I find peace and harmony within. The quiet beauty of the woods allows me to free my analytical mind as I feel more connected to my body and in turn can feel the energy of nature. The touch of my nude flesh against the earth’s floor is very primal and instantly I feel a connection to mother nature. My photographic journey is extremely personal and intuitive as I discover nature’s sanctuaries within our vast world. Upon further contemplation of each image, one can continually discover new relationships and meanings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Our Email List

Fill out your e-mail address
to receive our newsletter!
E-mail address: