What is Tilt-Shift Photography?

What is Tilt-Shift Photography?

Tilt-Shift photography refers to the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Artist Announced: Erynn Rose

I first was introduced to Erynn Rose in 2009 when reading the January issue of Seattle Magazine. The magazine included a feature article on his work, and the emerging field of tilt-shift photography. At that time I was already fascinated with tilt-shift photography, and immediately knew that I needed to have Erynn's work in my gallery.

We are so excited to bring Erynn's world class tilt-shifting to Portland for the first time! A true master of his craft, Erynn has been recognized not only by Seattle Magazine, but also by MyNorthwest.com for his ability to bring new perspective to Seattle's landscape.

Erynn's Artist Statement:

"My goal is to try to show something I find fascinating in every frame. I look for something new in places I've been many times before.
I want to capture the growth and change of life, land, and cityscapes using every trick I can to help fulfill my vision.
I use anything film and digital with in-camera tricks and digital post-processing, I don't limit myself. I love to use tricks like tilt-shift to give an often-seen view new life and perspective."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Our Email List

Fill out your e-mail address
to receive our newsletter!
E-mail address: