What is Tilt-Shift Photography?

What is Tilt-Shift Photography?

Tilt-Shift photography refers to the use of camera movements on small- and medium-format cameras, and sometimes specifically refers to the use of tilt for selective focus, often for simulating a miniature scene.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tilt Shift Pioneer and Legend Walter Iooss Jr.

The Tilt Shift project continues to march forward, with more submissions and the buzz growing every day. But, today I wanted to write a little about a tilt-shift hero of mine: Walter Iooss Jr. A legendary sports photographer, who has taken a lot of the most iconic sports images of the last 20 years. His photos have been on the cover of sports illustrated more than 300 times! And, he is among the original tilt-shifters. I was struck immediately when I saw his tilt-shift work, and immediately I was hooked. Unfortunately, I can't post any of his work, it is all copyrighted, but I highly recommend any fan of tilt-shift dig for his photos.

Keep the submissions coming! More announcements later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join Our Email List

Fill out your e-mail address
to receive our newsletter!
E-mail address: